Wednesday 18 April 2007

9 Month Roller Coaster




End of September to present

Of course, since that time, the terror, fear and trepidation parts have crept back in from time to time … the thought of having to be responsible for the first time in my life … the thought of being a parent … the thought of giving of alcohol and caffeine … I mean, who wouldn’t be afraid! And there were the hormones from hell for a while … poor Shawn deserved a medal … one minute I’d be happy, the next I could sob for hours for no particular reason … thankfully that all stopped by the time I was about 4 months … and the rest of the journey … well, I can honestly say I have loved being pregnant … there are times when it’s a little disconcerting to look in the mirror and see a basketball shape sticking out the front of your shirt … and there are uncomfortable times when I feel my belly is going to pop or my ribs are going to break with the strain of the stretching … but when you feel that little baby moving around inside … I have to say being pregnant is an amazing experience and we’ve never been happier …

No comments: